Porcelain Video Contest 2012
How does it work?Step 1: Get excited, call your friends to tell them about it and form an amazing team!
Step 2: Kindly email email@example.com for Contest Brief and Information Kit. You may now submit your application online by 30 June 2012.
For Individuals – http://porcelainfacespa.com/contestregistration
For Teams – http://porcelainfacespa.com/teamcontestregistration
Step 3: Create an original video of at least 30 seconds or maximum of 2 minutes in length, with content associated with any one or all of the following:
1. Skincare without Makeup
2. The Porcelain Face Spa Brand
3. A word-play on what the word “Porcelain” means to you.
Step 4: Send a copy of your video to us by 15th July 2012, 1200hrs via:
1. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title:
Video Contest Submission – (Your Group Name/ Video Title)
(Please use MediaFire or other file-sharing sites to send the files over)
2. Burn it into a DVD & mail it to
Porcelain Pte Ltd
Video Contest Submission – (Your Group Name/ Video Title)
15 Cantonment Road, Singapore 089739
Step 5: We will upload your video onto our Facebook Fan Page and YouTube Channel on 15th July 2012.
Step 6: Spread the word, get your friends, fans & family to watch your video on YouTube & Like it on Facebook
Who should join?If you are someone who loves to produce short films, videos or adverts, this is definitely the competition you should be in! For students studying courses like digital media, communications, design, or other relevant fields of study, this is a great platform for you to showcase your artistic and creative talents and to beef up your portfolios!
What will I win?Grand Prize:
SGD2000 Cash + Gift Certificate worth SGD500 with no minimum spend (Fully redeemable for Porcelain’s Products and Services)
SGD200 Cash + Gift Certificate worth SGD800 with no minimum spend (Fully redeemable for Porcelain’s Products and Services)
Judging Criteria:Grand Prize Judging Criteria:
Total Facebook ‘Likes’ – 50% (on Porcelain’s Fan Page)
Total YouTube Views – 50%
Special Prize Judging Criteria:
to be judged by Porcelain Management
• Creativity – 30%
• Originality – 30%
• Relevance – 30%
• Professionalism – 10%
Key Things to NoteSubmission Deadline: 15th July 2012, 1200hrs
- Minimum length of 30 seconds and maximum length of 2 minutes, excluding credits.
- Video should contain a promo code given by Porcelain Management. It should appear for 5 seconds in any part of the video, accompanied with a brief description of the promotion. The promo code and description will be sent to contestants via email at a closer date.
- Must be submitted in one of the following formats: WMV, MPG, .MPEG, .MP4, .AVI
- Participants are to comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submission and/or video upload, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube website.
- Videos will be uploaded onto the Porcelain YouTube Channel on 15 July 2012. Only views on our YouTube channel will be counted towards the judging.
Team Size: There is no restriction on the number of members per team. However, the team leader must be responsible for the distribution of the prize(s), if applicable.
Voting & Judging Period: From 15th July 2012 to 31th July 2012, 1200hrs.
Rules & RegulationsVideos Must Not:
• Exceed 50MB in file size and/or two 2 minutes in play time
• Contain material, which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing.
• Include mention and/performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property
• Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
• Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Video Submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures.
• Feature music that is not originally written, performed and produced by participants only; all music featured in any video must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis.
By entering the contest, each participant represents and warrants that his or her entry (and Porcelain’s ad its designees use thereof) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any laws or ordinances. Porcelain Management reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the video submission requirements, does not otherwise comply with these rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the contest.
Participants agree that Porcelain Management shall own the entries (and all ideas, forms, designs, patents, copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property embodied therein), and that Porcelain Management and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional.
Videos shall be available for viewing once they are submitted. Video views, comments, links etc. generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. YouTube records the number of views, comments, ratings and honors each video receives. The number of views, comments, ratings and honors shall be measured by YouTube’s customary method. In the event of a tie, details regarding the tie-breaker will be made available on the on Porcelain’s Facebook Fan Page & the management will notify the participants via email. All decisions of the Porcelain Management are final on all aspects of the contest.
Voting/Judging Period:The voting/judging period is from 15 July 2012 to 31 July 2012, 1200hrs. Prize winner based on the following criteria:
Grand Prize Judging Criteria:
• Facebook ‘Likes’ – 50% (on Porcelain’s Fan Page)
• YouTube Views – 50%
Special Prize Judging Criteria:
• Solely determined by Porcelain Management based on creativity, originality and relevance.
Winner Notification & Announcement:
The winners, as determined aforementioned criteria, will be notified by email (via the email account used to enter the contest) by 1st August 2012, 1200hrs.
There will also be a public announcement of the winner by 1st August 2012, 1200hrs, on Porcelain’s Facebook Fan Page.
The failure to response (as directed) timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of participation in contest. In such a case, Porcelain Management will select an alternate prize winner according to the aforementioned criteria.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local taxes and all fees and expenses resulting from acceptance of any and all prizes associated with this contest, including but not limited to taxes and other expenses. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person.
No prize substitution or changes are allowed except at the discretion of Porcelain Management. Prize cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash. All prizes are subject to availability. If a prize or any portion of a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Porcelain Management, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded; provided, however, that if prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded in Porcelain Management’s sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one prize per person/team regardless of the number of persons within that team.
Prizes are provided “as is” without warranty other than manufacturer’s warranty where applicable. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace lost or stolen prizes. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed.
Rights Of Porcelain Management/Disclaimer Of Liability:
Porcelain Management shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, to refuse to air or transmit, or cease to air or transmit any video whatsoever which it finds to be in violation of these rules, or which it finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason, including with respect to Sponsor’s standards and practices and other policies. Porcelain Management also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the contest for any reason in the event that there is an error, malfunction, problem or other cause which impacts the operation, administration or security of the contest and/or Porcelain Management and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from the eligible entries received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
The opinions expressed in the videos are not necessarily (and in some cases not at all) those of Porcelain Management. Porcelain Management is not responsible for any materials provided by participants, which are deemed harmful or offensive to others or for any harm incurred as a result of the video’s creation. Porcelain Management is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in the videos transmitted on the website or on television. Porcelain Management will neither endorse nor be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of statements and opinions made by participant(s).
Rules are subjected to changes at discretion of Porcelain Management in order to protect the Company.
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is there a limit to the number of members per team?
A: No, there are no restraints on the number of members you can have per team. However, please note that the prizes may have to be shared and the Porcelain Management will not be responsible for the distribution of prizes. The prizes are fixed, regardless of the size of the team.
Q: Can Facebook ‘Likes’ accumulated on the team’s wall be counted toward the final Facebook ‘likes’ we generated?
A: No, the Facebook ‘Likes’ counted for judging will only be those accumulated on Porcelain, The Face Spa’s Facebook Fan Page. This is for easier administration.
Q: If we have a YouTube Channel, can we upload the video onto the channel?
A: Yes, you may. However, only views on Porcelain’s YouTube channel will be counted towards judging. If you have a YouTube channel, it would be good for you to show a short teaser or advert and direct them to our channel. This would help to increase the number of views for your video entry.
Q: Is this contest suitable for me if I do not have excellent video editing/animation skills?
A: Why not? You can always compensate the lack of video editing/animation skills with a very creative idea/storyline. Remember, at the end of the day, the judging for the Grand Prize is based on Facebook “likes’ and YouTube views, while the judging for Special Prize is based on Relevance, Creativity, Originality and Professionalism.
Q: What is the promo code about?
A: Details of the promo code and the promo badge, together with the description, will be emailed to you on a closer date.
Q: Can my video length fall outside the range of 30seconds to 2 minutes?
A: No. The video length must be strictly adhered to. This is to ensure fairness in the competition. Any participating video falling out of the range will be disqualified.
Q: If I win the contest, when will I receive my prize?
A:On 1 August 2012, 1200 hrs, the winner will be announced on Facebook and shortly after your team will receive an email with the prize redemption letter. Your team can then come down to our office at 15 Cantonment Road 089739 to collect your prize.
Q: Can we use languages other than English in our video?
A: We would prefer English but if you are confident that what you are using is a slang that most people understand, go ahead.
For any questions, contact us at +65 6222 9802 or email your enquiries to email@example.com